Letters of Recommendation
The UC’s and CSU’s do not require letters of recommendation.
The ASTI counselor completes the Secondary School Report which includes a letter of recommendation. Please email or bring the following documents to the ASTI Counselor by August 15th.
- Letter from student to counselor answering questions on the Counselor School Report side of the letter of recommendation handout: Letter of Recommendation Handout
- Copy of student's resume
- Copy of student’s SAT scores (screenshots are fine)
- Copy of student’s college list with application deadlines, including the student’s first private college application deadline (indicating whether the student is applying Early Decision/Action or Regular Decision)
- Any specific required information requested in the college or scholarship application
- For electronic recommendations, the online link (for example Common App, Sendedu, Coalition Application, school-specific website, etc.)
- Stamped, addressed envelopes if recommendations will not be submitted on-line
Each teacher has his or her own policy regarding letters of recommendation. Check with the teacher first.
Letter from student to teacher answering questions on the Teacher/Professor side of the letter of recommendation handout: Letter of Recommendation Handout
Copy of unofficial transcript
Copy of SAT/ACT test scores (screenshots are fine)
Any deadlines or specifically required information requested in the college or scholarship application.